Under the direction of the Library Board of Victoria, the Executive manages the Library and its collections, services, programs and responsibilities.
The Executive is made up of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and State Librarian and four directors.
CEO & State Librarian
Sue Roberts is the CEO and State Librarian. She has overall responsibility for:
- ensuring the implementation of the Board's directions
- sound corporate governance
- managing the State Collection and the Library's operations
The Library's directors and the director of the State Library of Victoria Foundation report to her.
Director Community engagement
Jo Watson is responsible for the Library's community engagement strategy, including:
- community outreach
- exhibitions and events
- communications and marketing
- commercial services
- public libraries and social inclusion
- research and evaluation.
Director Digital strategy
Peter McMahon is responsible for the Library's overall digital strategy, activities and experience, including:
- the Library's online presence
- digital storage and access
- IT services and techincal infrastructure
- use of digital technology within the Library.
Ben Clark is responsible for the Library's Foundation, including:
- philanthropy program
- corporate partners program
- Foundation membership
Director Library Services & Experience
Justine Hyde is responsible for the strategic development of library services and the customer experience, including:
- the visitor experience and customer service
- information services and access
- lifelong learning programs
- collection development and management.