Level 3, Main entry, Swanston St
Take a self-guided tour of Queen’s Hall – one of Melbourne’s most beautiful 19th-century interiors.
First opened in 1856, Queen’s Hall was the Library’s main reading room until the domed reading room opened in 1913. From 1915, Queen’s Hall served as a museum space until it was closed for renovation in 1973. After reopening in 1975 as the Library’s Arts, Music and Performing Arts library, Queen’s Hall was closed to the public in 2003 and still awaits refurbishment.