When accessing information databases from outside the Library, the following conditions apply:
- Use of databases is governed by licence agreements between the publishers and the Library, and users are required to comply with the terms and conditions of the licences.
- Use of databases must be for private research and study purposes only. No use is allowed for business, commercial or work-related purposes.
- Users should read carefully any copyright or terms-of-use statements appearing within the databases and limit any copying or reproduction of material from the databases in accordance with instructions.
- Where no statement restricting copying is evident, users should assume that – as a minimum requirement – they are obliged to comply with the Australian Copyright Act. Information on copyright is available from the Australian Copyright Council.
- Use is for the registered individual only. Access is not transferable to other parties.
- Where the Library has reasonable grounds to suspect that a user has either breached these terms and conditions, or the terms and conditions of third-party information providers, the Library will disclose information to those relevant third parties.
- The Library reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.