The 'My items' and 'My account' links in the top right of the catalogue take you to your personal workspace, which is made up of 'My items', 'My searches', 'My account' and 'My databases'.
For details on the features of 'My searches', see Saving searches & alerts.
If you are signed in as a registered Library user, any updates you make in your workspace will be saved and available for you when you next sign in. If you're not signed in, you can use the workspace as a guest, but your information will only be saved for a single session.
In 'My items' you can:
- view items you have selected from your search results. To select an item, check the small box that appears next to its title in the search results list. To select an entire page of items, use the link at the bottom of the Refine results options.
- organise your selected items into folders
- cut, copy, paste and delete the items and folders in your workspace using the relevant icons
- add notes to your items and folders by clicking on the speech bubble icons
- email the details of your items to yourself or someone else
- print the details of your items
- save your items to your EndNote Web, RefWorks or Delicious account.
Please note, you can print, email and share catalogue records without signing in, but My items gives you more advanced options.
In 'My account' you can:
- see a list of the filled requests (items checked out in your name for use in the Library)
- see a list of your pending requests
- see your contact details and set your degree and/or discipline to personalise your results when searching for articles
- read messages from the Library in 'Blocks & messages'. This is where you are notified about exceeding the number of items you can request, or your Library registration expiring.
In 'My databases' you can:
- see the custom lists(s) of databases you have saved from the Databases A–Z lightbox and make changes to the list(s)
- go to the Databases A–Z lightbox to select databses to search and create a custom set.