We award three AGL Shaw Summer Research Fellowships each year. To apply, you must be a fourth-year Victorian honours student, or engaged in your first postgraduate degree or diploma. Two $1200 fellowships are awarded to postgraduate students living in Melbourne. A third fellowship is awarded to a student from regional Victoria, who receives $1200 plus a living-away-from-home allowance.
If you're successful, you'll need to:
- make significant use of our collections for the purpose of research
- conduct your research for four weeks between 5 January and 7 March 2015
- spend your research time at the Library
- give a presentation of the results and/or provide a written report of your fellowship
- be an ambassador and advocate for the fellowship program.
Our CEO awards the fellowships, based on the advice of a panel of senior staff, to applicants whose research will make strong use of our collections.
Selection is based on written applications only, and three referees' names and contact details must be included.
Online applications for 2015 opened on 17 October and will close on 26 November 2014. Recipients will be announced on 18 December 2014.
How to apply
Complete the online application form at the bottom of this page.
Specific questions about the fellowship requirements or selection process can be directed to Gail Schmidt, team leader, Collection research programs:
- 03 8664 7335
- State Library, 328 Swanston St, Melbourne, VIC, 3000.