Our creative fellows are researching a variety of topics, including printmaker Jessie Traill, William Barak and Sourindro Mohan Tagore's music.
The following recipients have been awarded $12,500 for three months' study:
- Kaz Cooke: Raiment and regalia (or) What have you come as? Allegiances from footy jumpers to hens’ night tiaras. Installation, blog and article.
- Joanne Oliver: Etched with love and courage: the life and work of Jessie Traill, Australian printmaker, 1881–1967. Biographical book manuscript.
- Rachel Buchanan: The Melbourne Sirius. Artist newspaper.
- Mike Brady and Brenton Broadstock: The road. Musical theatre work.
- Adrian McNeil: Making history audible in the dome: coloniality and the intercultural songs of Sourindro Mohan Tagore. Musical performance.
- Nicole Lindsay: John Byng: a Yankee blackfellow in old Melbourne town. Biographical book manuscript.
- Max Allen: Not forgetting yous at all: Barak and the de Puys. Book manuscript or documentary.
- Bernard Caleo and Alex McDermott: Faust in Melbourne: the Devil collects. Print and ebook comic and narrative performance.