Membership of the State Library of Victoria is free. There are three ways to join the Library:
- Join online.
- Join in person at any of the service desks in the Library.
- Join by calling us on 03 8664 7004 from Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.
Benefits of joining the Library
With a Library membership you can:
- use the catalogue to request items from storage, either for use on the same day or for another day
- use the Library's databases and eresources online (for patrons with a Victorian residential address only)
- use our online copy-ordering service to order digital copies of collection items
- add tags, comments and reviews to items in our catalogue
- save a personal list of items for future reference in our catalogue
- use your membership card as a print/copy/scan card
- elect to receive enewsletters and information about upcoming events and activities.
We're not a lending library, so your card doesn't allow you to take material home.
Renewing your membership
Your registration lasts for two years. We'll send you a reminder a few weeks before your registration is due to expire.
You can renew your registration or update your contact details in person at the Information Centre desk in the Library, or by calling 03 8664 7004 from Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.