Public Library of Victoria, Thomas OG Mahood, photograph, c 1920–1940
The Shared Leadership Program is a challenging program that will focus on increasing the leadership capabilities of participants, now and for the future, through theoretical, practical and experiential learning opportunities.
Applications for the 2014 program are now closed.
Facilitated by Sue Upton and John Martin of Upton Martin Consulting, the program covers self-awareness, team dynamics, communication, stress management, change management, team building, people management, negotiation, influencing, coaching, feedback, collaboration and presentation skills.
Over a five-month period from February to June 2014, participants will attend four residential workshops (ten days in total) at the Yarra Valley Conference Centre, and a presentation day at the State Library of Victoria.
Who can apply?
The Shared Leadership Program is for enthusiastic future leaders who will embrace this unique opportunity to develop their leadership and teamwork skills, and to extend their learning by working on projects with colleagues from Victorian public libraries and the State Library of Victoria.
Applicants may aspire to be senior library managers or to be leaders in specialist areas – it’s about leadership, not management.
Applications are open to all staff employed in Victorian public libraries and the State Library of Victoria, at any band level. You don’t need to be a qualified librarian to apply.
- Your completed application must be endorsed by your library service manager or CEO (or divisional manager for State Library staff).
- You also have the option of submitting a project idea for the program. This should focus on strategic ideas and issues relevant to and of benefit to the wider Victorian public library network. Please submit your idea using the ideas nomination form at the bottom of this page.
- Application forms must be received by 4pm on Friday 20 September 2013.
- Please return your completed forms to Brad Langoulant, Project Officer Public Libraries, at the contact details below.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview on Tuesday 15 October 2013, either in person at the State Library of Victoria or by telephone.
- There are 20 places available for participants in the 2014 Shared Leadership Program. Up to five places will be available for State Library of Victoria staff.
- Participants must be able to attend all workshop days and participate in the action learning projects.
- Victorian public library staff can receive funding or subsidisation for only one Statewide Public Library Development Project professional development program per financial year. Programs covered by this condition are the Margery C Ramsay Scholarship, the Barrett Reid Scholarship and the Pierre Gorman Award. Attendance at professional development seminars is excluded from this condition.
- The Shared Leadership Program is a Statewide Public Library Development Project.
For more information contact Brad Langoulant, Project Officer, Public Libraries.
- Mail: c/- State Library of Victoria, 328 Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (03) 8664 7046