Support the work of the Library by becoming a Friend.
For just $85 a year you'll enjoy a range of benefits including invitations to member events, access to the Friends Lounge and special discount offers.
At the same time you’ll be helping us preserve Victoria's history and showcase it to the community.
The Library also offers corporate memberships.
Discover how your contributions can help, and how you can direct your contribution.
In recognition of your support
Please enjoy the following benefits as a Friend:
- dedicated Friends Lounge
- invitations to Friends-only events
- discounts for ticketed Library events
- 10% discount on food and beverages at The Moat Bar and Cafe
- 10% discount on full-priced books at Readings bookshop at the Library
- parking discounts at QV: evenings, weekends and public holidays
- La Trobe Journal, SLV News, What's On, SLV Monthly eNews, Friends eNews and updates
- 10% discount on tea and coffee at Mr Tulk cafe
- reciprocal rights at the National Library of Australia and other state libraries.
Friends who make a tax-deductable donation of $175, $500 or $1000 to the Library will be acknowledged on a bookplate. Donor bookplates are placed in books that are specially selected from the Library's recent acquisitions.
The three bookplate donor levels are named after renowned bird illustrators whose valuable works are held in the Library:
- $175 – John William Lewin (1770–1819)
- $500 – John James Audubon (1785–51)
- $1000 – John Gould (1804–81)
To become a Friend, renew your membership, or arrange a gift membership, use our online membership form.
Alternatively you can download, print and fill out the form below and mail it to:
State Library of Victoria Friends
328 Swanston St
Find out more
For more information about Friends of the Library, phone 03 8664 7280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.